Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy National Burger Day!!

This recipe review is going to be quick and simple.  It is a simple recipe, which is something I need in my life right now.  It just got crazier around here, but hopefully in the long run to make things better.

I am a huge mushroom fan and I know a lot of people are not, but I love them.  Brewsky's used to have a portabella mushroom sandwich that I ordered a lot, unfortunately they don't have it anymore.  Not like I go there anymore now that I am miles away.  What I tried was a side dish, roasted mushroom medley.  Here is the link, recipe.
I did not have the fresh herbs that it called for and I really didn't want to go buy all of it and have so much fresh herbs left over that I really wouldn't use for something else.  I just used the dried stuff you find in the spice isle.  Plus I just used regular white mushrooms.  I am sure using the variety would make it really tasty.  As you can tell I usually try recipes that I have the stuff already in my house. 


  • 2 Pounds Mixed Fresh Mushrooms
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
  • 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
  • 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Sage
  • 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley

I mixed the olive oil with the seasonings in a shallow dish.



I then mixed in the washed mushrooms with the olive oil and coated them.
I thought the mushrooms looked like the color of my counter.  Maybe the name of this granite slab should have been mushroom.

I cooked the mushrooms at 350° for 30 minutes.  I then removed and drizzled with balsamic vinegar.



So you might be asking why my life is a little crazier, let me tell you.  A little while back we had an issue with Frankie biting Willow a couple times in the face.  Nothing serious, just a couple hard nips to get her to leave him a lone.  Well this last time he got our friends daughter in the face when she bopped him on the head for getting on top of the dinner table and eating her food while she stepped away.  That both sent Tim and I into this frenzy of what the hec are we going to do?  It was either get rid of him or find someone that could correct this unacceptable behavior.  I just couldn't give up on my dog, it was something I just could not think about.  Surprisingly, Tim, the dog hater, found a guy who works with dogs.   The cost was for both dogs, and we knew Beans was being a little brat sometimes and it would be beneficial for her too.

So the dog guy came and made his first visit with us on Sunday.  Basically we are starting from scratch with the dogs and they have to be on a leash A LOT and the leash has to be attached to us.  When we sit down they can't move and we are in control of everything.  It sounds weird but basically we are teaching them that us humans call the shots, they have to earn everything and they are not the top dog.  We are suppose to make them sit before anything they want like eat and go outside.  That is the hardest thing right now.  Beans will sit for nothing, Frankie will only sit for his food.  I am suppose to get them to sit before I even open the door if someone is here, yeah right.  This is going to suck.  Trying to take care of 2 kids who are needy with 2 little dogs at my heels is not easy.  It has only been day 2 for this method and the first day without Tim.  We will see how it goes.  They might be in the kennel more then usual.

Charlee is a mover.  She hasn't quite got crawling on her knees yet but that is coming soon.  She scoots herself around by pushing off with her feet.  She is a squirm bug on the changing table.  There is no time for hesitation, you gotta get in there and move or else she is turned over or arching her back.  I learned that you can't just put her in bed with no pants on or something covering her diaper.  She will undo the velcro.  I forgot to tell  Tim that bit of info until it was too late.  I found her with the diaper off and after the diaper came off, she pooped.  It was a sight to see.




Willow keeps getting bigger and talks more now.  I think I am the only one that can understand her.  Tim is always looking to me to translate what she has said.  I guess that is what happens when you are with her ALL the time.  She is a little helper too.  I can get her to put the silverware away from the dishwasher, take Charlee's clothes to the hamper and she even makes her bed.  It is not the best job, but she will get there.  When it comes to picking up her toys she is horrible.  She usually ends up in her room in trouble for awhile because she doesn't do what she is told.  I don't know why but she has to get up at the crack of dawn everyday.  My body has gotten used to this routine unfortunately.  If she happens to sleep a little longer my body has already woke itself up with no alarm clock.  I am ruined. 





Willow has learned to pedal her little tricycle now.  She can go forward not just backwards.  Why is it easier to learn to go backwards first?  She needs to learn how to turn her handlebars though.  When she needs to move she stands up and scoots her bike to the side to get it where she needs to go. 

These girls are changing all the time and keep me on my toes that is for sure.  I better keep taking mental pictures in my mind because next thing I know they are going to be teenagers and really hate me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment