Thursday, May 16, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

Man, you would think being at home all the time I would have so much free time to do what I wanted.  NOT!  There is this or that going on.  Trying to take care of things that Tim can't do because he is at work.  I feel stretched and my job as a mom does not get the weekends off.

We went to Denver a couple weeks ago without Tim, he was suppose to go with us.  He was to go to a conference for work and that is why we all decided to go.  I would hang out with Chris and Carol while he was off doing work stuff.  Just a little get out of the house kind of thing for me.  Nothing fancy.  His big time manager job needed him more here then there.  This didn't get decided until the day we were suppose to leave.  Needless to say nothing was going to stop me, I had my heart set on it.  I quickly finished packing and took off with the girls in my mini van.  I have to say if I didn't have that van I think I would have lost it.  It was very convient on stops to feed or change Charlee, just to have the floor to lay her on.  Willow would get out of her seat too and sit on the floor.  I broke the drive up into 2 days.  There was no way I was going to do it in one by myself.

The second day was the worst.  I was going on about 4 hours of sleep for a 7 hour drive.  Charlee would not fall sleep in the hotel room.  For sure I thought Willow would be up talking to me or driving me nuts but she fell asleep way before her little sis.  So into the first hour of this drive Willow threw up 3 times.  It was gross.  She had a hard boiled egg, an orange and some yogurt for breakfast plus some cranberry juice.  It didn't smell, thank god, it was just all chunky.  I had to change her clothes, I gave up and left her in her diaper and covered the car seat the best I could so she didn't sit in it.  Figured out it was just her being car sick.  I found some kids dramamine for the ride back home.

We went to the Denver zoo on Sunday and the weather was great.  The next day it snowed.  That was Charlee's first time in snow.  Willow got to play in it and threw snowballs at me.  It was funny to hear her complain about it being cold.

My goodness, this girl loves "cream"  I asked her one day what she wanted for lunch and guess what she said?  Cream.
Our first snow of the year and Charlee's first ever snow.

Carol was kind enough to come back with us on the drive and then fly back home.  That was such a blessing.  We did it in a day and let me tell you that was not fun with the little ones.  Charlee cried A LOT and Willow was just really bad.  I am tired of hearing my name over and over again without her really wanting anything.  She just kept repeating "mommy".  Maybe next time we will make long drives during the night so the girls are sleeping!

We visited the botanical gardens while Carol was here.  It was neat to see all the different varieties of cacti.  Plus all the different plants that grow out here in the desert.

They started on our pool.  I am hoping it gets done in a couple weeks because it is already hot out!  Not sure how much I will get to get in it until Willow learns to poop in the toilet.  Tim has told her that she can't poop in the pool.   She sees the "hole" outside and says no pooping in the pool.  Any mention of the pool and she will tell us no pooping in the pool.

Charlee is eating solids now and is a little piggy like her sister.  I don't think I can get enough into her.  I have increased her milk intake now too.  She can hold her own bottle.  I guess she is just growing.  I think she will be crawling before we know it.  She gets up on her knees and rocks a little.  She is really a little mama's girl.  If I am not in the room or I walk out, she will cry.  I guess that is what happens when you are with your kids every minute of the day.

Happy National Micro Brew Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment