Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Try it Tuesday

Mini Carrot Cake Cups

I am a huge fan of carrot cake, it has to be super moist though.  I would rather have this then a birthday cake any day.  Someone sent me this recipe and it was from Pampered Chef.  You know how those recipes go, they throw in what Pampered Chef item you must use to make this recipe.  Well guess what?  I had every tool they talked about.  Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. 
 Original recipe, link

1 small pkg (9 oz/250 g) yellow cake mix
1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) allspice
1   egg
2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
2 medium carrots, peeled, divided
 As you can see I used the Jiffy yellow cake mix.  It is exactly 9 oz.  I thought this would be easier then getting a Betty Crocker or something and measuring out 9 oz then having some left over for I don't know what.  For some reason, Jiffy mixes remind me of my mom too.

 Mix in the ingredients to get the cake mix wet.

 Shred your carrots and fold into batter.  I didn't fold per say because I felt maybe my mix was a little dry after mixing it up. 
 Spoon mixture into well greased mini muffin pan.  Trust me I greased this baby up!  Can you even see the spray on the outside of the mold.  Cook in oven for 10 minutes at 350°.

 In the meantime, play with the little sous chef while it is baking.


 Check for firmness before removing.  I had to wait about another minute before I removed it.  I then used my tart shaper to press down the tops of the cake.  I missed the part about lightly flouring the end and some got stuck and peeled a little bit. 
 I then removed my mini cakes oh so gently, at least I thought, and they still stuck to the edges!  I actually thought I had too much spray in the time due to some of it pooling.  Oh well.
 This is how much it stuck to the muffin tin.  I think next time I am going to use butter instead of cooking spray. 

I didn't show the frosting process because I didn't do it.  These were good little bites on their own.  Just a tad bit dry, maybe a tad but more oil would do the trick.  This is a good dessert to have that you don't have to cut up and you don't have to hear people say, oh just a little slice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment