Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My World in Pictures

This post is going to be mostly in pictures.  I also want to try something different to hopefully get me to blogging and getting my camera out more.  There is a method to my madness of doing so too.  I pin a lot of food recipes from pinterest and I notice that others do as well.  I want to try out what I have pinned and let you all know how it was.  I think to many of us see the pic, think it looks good but never really try out the recipe.  I know I have pinned things, tried it and it was gross.  This lets you know what my thoughts are on something and if it is worth pinning for a future time to cook.  I figured the pictures taken in the process will help my photo skills that need a little more help.  I have decided to call this recipe blog entry, Try It Tuesday.  So obviously the posts will be on every Tuesday. 
I will start off with one now since it is Tuesday and I have one that I already tried out.  It was really quick to do.  My photos are not that great because one I was rushed.

It is mozzarella sticks.  It was a good one for me to try because I had everything on hand too. 

Mozzarella Sticks
Won ton wrappers or egg roll wrappers
Olive Oil
Marinara sauce

Use as many mozzarella sticks you want and cut in half if you are using won ton wrappers. I used won ton because that is what I already had.
 Wrap the cheese up by starting in the corner and fold in the sides as you go.




 Heat up as much olive oil as you want. I just used a little and turned the sticks to get cooked on all sides sides. Cook the loose end down so it stays in place when turning the cheese stick.

 
Once you have cooked all sides, then them on a paper towel to get excess oil off.  
Serve with a side of warm marinara for dipping.

I thought it was a little bland.  It definitely needed more flavor.  I think with the bread crumb method, you can add spices and Parmesan cheese to the breading mixture.  The cheese was not really that warm as to where you would take a bite and it would be stringy.  If I had let it cook a little more then the wrapper would have burned.  Will I make this again?  Maybe in a pinch and if I had all the ingredients on hand. 

Now whats going on outside my kitchen per say.

We started giving Charlee cereal.  She likes it but can't really get the spoon concept down.  It is getting better though.



We have three windows in the hallway to the girls rooms and the animals like to lay in the afternoon sun here.  I have yet to get the dogs and cat in each "window".
The hook that I hang my kitchen towel on has been useful to other things around here to Willow.  She has been fascinated by it and I keep finding different items there but the towel. 
Last week it was super windy here.  It made everything so dusty.  Then just a little light rain mixed in made things really dirty.  Our vehicles looked like we went down a dirt road.  The windows on the house were horribly dirty.  The dust just made the sky so hazy.  This is dust in the air, not rain or smog.
This morning I found this in the cat bowl and I was kind of frightened by it because I had no clue what it was until I realized it was a ginormous hairball. 
Something I don't have a picture of is our garden.  All of it is officially dead.  We need to figure out our soil and work with it so we can be more successful with our garden.

I will leave you with some pictures of my growing baby. Have a great day week.


No comments:

Post a Comment